Tools of the Trade
Mortgage professionals today must consistently perform at a high level of efficiency to keep pace with their ever increasing workloads. They face daily deadlines of reviewing documents, processing loan data and transactions, interfacing with investors and other third-party mortgage partners.
Mortgage professionals today must consistently perform at a high level of efficiency to keep pace with their ever increasing workloads. They face daily deadlines of reviewing documents, processing loan data and transactions, interfacing with investors and other third-party mortgage partners. As a result, effective communication with co-workers, borrowers, investors, and vendors is essential to keep the loan origination or servicing process moving in a timely manner.
- Address Book – Need to quickly find a phone number or email address for a borrower, investor, or vendor? Add this information to the Address Book once and it can be accessed easily on demand from various windows throughout FICS applications. Email addresses are also formatted as hyperlinks, allowing users to compose an email with one click of their mouse.
- Memos – Need to remind yourself and/or notify co-workers of a task to be completed for a specific loan? Create a Memo containing the instructions and/or pertinent information without having to leave the FICS application. On the day selected for notification, the Memo will be in the user’s FICS inbox upon login. An additional benefit is the Memo is indexed to one or more selected loans, providing all authorized users the ability to view the flow of task activity.
- Calculators – Need to generate a quick Amortization Schedule for a loan that is closing soon? Need to calculate a P&I payment for a borrower who is requesting a new loan? Use one of the system calculators to do the work without ever leaving the FICS application.
- My Work List – Users can create their individual loan-level “to-do list” each day. After selecting loans for the list, as data is processed for each, the results on the report can be refreshed, helping to ensure no loan is skipped over.
- Radstar® – Radstar® is an integrated document and report management system that saves time, space, and money by electronically imaging and storing reports and documents allowing you to become a completely paperless servicing operation. When a borrower or investor calls requesting a statement or report, users can find the document quickly and even email it without ever leaving the FICS application.
System tools, like the ones described above, are not just a luxury. They are greatly needed to keep users organized, efficient, and successful.